It is well known the fact that without water we die. Unfortunately, not everybody knows that a proper consumption of water can improve our lifestyle. Next to oxygen, water is by far the next most important necessity for life.
The bodily intake of water depends on daily activity and health condition. The intake of water also varies with climate. Loosing water from normal perspiration is a common phenomenon. Even while relaxing, our bodies need water for running necessary metabolic functions.
Researchers have found that the minimum requirement of water for an adult is 2 liters per day.
The water that we drink is important to us - which is the reason why we need to make it safe for use.
Although the purification processes of tap water; screening, rapid mixing, sedimentation, flotation, filtration, micro-screening, disinfection, de-chlorination etc., It is still advisable for individuals to further treat water. Most people choose to boil, this can kill the bacteria. However, Research studies show that tap water contains harmful chemicals. The more you boil the more intoxicated it becomes; as a result of Chemical reactions being activated between chlorine and other pollutants. An advisable way to treat tap water is to use a water filter or purifier to screen the pollutants before consumption. A good water filter could screen almost 100% of the suspended solids, minerals, bacteria and viruses. The end result is pure water containing no suspended solids, bacteria, viruses and minerals. It could be consumed at the ambient temperature, cooled or heated before drinking. It tastes good and refreshing.
The Importance of Water
We often ignore the importance of this colorless liquid. Many health specialists often forget to mention water in the list of nutrients. We use water for everything from - cooking, bathing, swimming, recreation, drinking, cleaning etc.
- Drinking plain water not only reduces our thirst but also keeps us healthy by maintaining metabolic functions.
- Drinking ice water forces our system to rev up our metabolism, to keep the body's temperature from dropping.
- Aids digestion: Studies have shown that cold water during or after the meal can harden the oil present in the food. This can cause accumulation of fat on the inner wall of the intestine, which may further lead to intestinal cancer. Replacing the glass of cold water with hot water can help avoid this problem. Water facilitates the distribution of nutrients around the body through the blood
- Weight loss: Helps in losing weight. Hot water is great for maintaining a healthy metabolism, which will help you get rid of those extra kilos. Therefore, kick-start your day with a glass of hot water.
- Relief pains: Warm water can help alleviate pain from headaches to menstrual cramps. With its calming and soothing effect on the abdominal muscles, it provides an instant relief from cramps and muscle spasms.
- Skin detoxification: It’s important to clear toxins from your body as they make you age faster. Drinking hot water not only clears toxins from your skin, but also repairs the skin cells that increase the elasticity of your skin. Subsequently , preventing acne and pimples from occurring. You can double these benefits by squeezing a lemon into your glass of hot water.
- Drinking water between your meals helps to flush your stomach of the small, trapped pieces of food.
Swimming is very essential exercise which helps to keep body fit.
Dangers of inadequate water consumption
- Water flow controls the temperature of your body. When your body gets too hot, it sweats, releasing water which cools your body. When you do not drink enough water your body loses its ability to cool itself off when necessary.
- Constipation is a symptom of dehydration. In order to maintain the proper water balance in your body, water is moved in and out of the large intestine. If your body is short of water you may get constipated.
- Weakness of the body. In order for the body to stay healthy, it is required to consume important nutrients from food. By not drinking the right amount of water, the body cannot actively use the nutrients from food so as to generate sufficient energy to actively perform physical exercises.
- Accumulation of toxic substances in the body. Toxic form medicines and other chemicals which accumulate over time will not be readily removed from the body.